Milan, Italy – Springa Srl brought one of the most intriguing technologies to IWF 2022, where it introduced the Goliath CNC—the first portable and autonomous robotic CNC tool.
For IWF, the Goliath booth doubled as a showcase, with some furniture and decorative elements designed and made using the roaming CNC. The booth itself was also one of the largest ever made by the little robot.
Springa says the Goliath eliminates the stationary boundaries of traditional CNC machines while offering
an affordable and easier way to create human-scale projects. Among the features and advantages:
• Portable: a CNC without a frame, Goliath is designed to be taken anywhere. It can be positioned directly on the work surface, and afterward is compact enough that it can be packed away in any space.
• Precise: the patented sensor system ensures a repeatability of 0.1 mm. The three omnidirectional wheels are designed to ensure a smooth movement and a precise cut in every processing phase.
• Autonomous: thanks to Slingshot, the CAM software that generates the machine cutting path, Goliath receives the instructions about the right position to reach to carry out the project. Once the processing has started, the robot cuts and engraves autonomously in the most efficient way for the optimal result of the project.
• Limitless work area: there are effectively no work area limits thanks to the unique sensor system which guarantees a work area with a diagonal of 3.5 m. Moreover, both the sensors and the robot can be repositioned multiple times, easily replicating the work area. Thanks to this innovation, it’s now possible to create human-scale projects, even in the smallest laboratory.
• Connected & user-friendly: Goliath and the software Slingshot are designed to be used easily. Once the project has been drawn and imported into Slingshot, the software calculates the cutting path. The user can check the progress from a PC using an interface with a step-by-step guide for the setup phase.
• Efficient and clean: integrated dust collector system has been designed to collect dust, keeping the working area clean which also ensures a more precise cut.
Be part of North America’s largest woodworking show and conference.
Grow your business at the premier global woodworking trade show.
International Woodworking Fair
August 6–9, 2024
8:30 AM–5:00 PM
8:30 AM–2:00 PM
Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd
Atlanta, GA 30313