U.S. Visa Information
Travel to the U.S. from all countries not participating in the Visa Waiver Program does require a Visa. The United States has instituted tighter visa requirements for non-immigrant applicants. This may increase the time it takes to process your visa application. Use the information in these pages to help prepare for the process and begin your visa application well in advance of your travel dates. Visa applications in some countries can take as long as two to three months. You can check here to see visa wait times by country.
Find international travel information.
Invitation letters to IWF 2024 for your visa application can be requested as part of the online registration process.
Use the U.S. Embassy/Consulate website by country to find the consulate/embassy in your country to apply for a visa and find detailed information about applying for a visa from your country of origin.
Learn about U.S. visa requirements, policy and procedures.
Visa Waiver Program
Currently 27 countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program, allowing their citizens to visit the U.S. without a visa for tourism or business trips lasting less than 90 days. However, there are some restrictions and additional requirements
Learn more about the Visa Waiver Program.
Visa Application Tips
- Visit http://unitedstatesvisas.gov to familiarize yourself with the policies and procedures of the U.S. Visa application.
- Verify fees and other requirements for your specific embassy or consulate by visiting their website at www.usembassy.gov
- Register for IWF Atlanta and then a request a Letter of Invitation from IWF. You do not have to register for IWF Atlanta to receive a letter of invitation, but showing your registration is helpful.
- Schedule an appointment with your embassy as soon as all of your materials are complete and you have received your letter of invitation and registration confirmation. Make your appointment early as wait times can be long in some countries.
- Completely fill out all official documents. Answer all questions completely. Avoid using “n.a.” or “not applicable” on your forms. Instead answer “no” or “none”.
- Travel with an official embassy delegation. Traveling with a delegation organized by your local embassy or trade organization can improve your chances of visa approval. IWF is participant in the DOC Foreign Buyer Program. Visit their site for more information on the program and who to contact.
- Bring your letter of invitation and any other materials you have received from IWF (promotional pieces, registration materials, Technical Conference information, etc.) to your interview. This helps to show IWF is a legitimate business event.
- Show proof of “strong ties” that bind you to your country of residence. The consular officers conducting visa interviews look for proof that you will return to your country. Evidence of “strong ties” includes proof of business ownership or employment, social and family relationships. If you have traveled to the U.S. previously, provide documentation demonstrating that you returned to your country on time (reservation receipts, airline boarding pass, passport stamps, etc.) Show proof that you returned within the time frame of a previous visa. Or materials that show you attended a business conference or meeting.
- Interviews are generally very short in length. Questions focus on your travel plans and your ties to your home country ensuring your return. Being as prepared as possible improves your likelihood of being approved.
- Remember, wait times for interviews can be very long. Begin the process as soon as possible and schedule an interview immediately upon registering and receiving your letter of invitation.
The International Woodworking Fair, LLC (IWF) does not assume any financial, legal or other type of responsibility for any person during their attendance at IWF, and is not responsible for denied visa applications.
ATL | Hartsfield – Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Click here for information regarding the International Terminal at the Hartsfield – Jackson Atlanta International Airport and find more information on international travel here.