Journeyman Leadership - Establishing a Culture Through Hard Lessons and Experience - BMG27
Thursday, August 27, 2020 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Speaker: James Lambert, Plant Manager: JG Bowers
Pricing: Pre-registration through July 31, 2020: $65; Standard pricing August 1 - 28, 2020: $95
What is a company people want to work for, and why do lower wage employers retain staff when better paying jobs are available? The answer is culture of feeling needed and empowerment. In my presentation I will discuss some of the lessons learned from years of the experience not from a textbook definition. Speaking on what goes into developing a culture based on employee engagement, continuous improvement, empowerment, communication, an EIQ with conflict resolution.
Think back to the worst boss you have ever had, what did they do to make you feel the way you do, and what lessons can you take away from a negative situation to make a positive for the future? One of the main motivating factors to employee retention is to make them feel wanted and value their opinions. An empowered staff is the magic bullet to fix the harder problems that challenges facilities daily. The wealth of untapped knowledge from the people in the trenches daily is immeasurable.
Some of the points I will touch on will be the following:
- What is the greatest asset that your company has?
- What makes a culture that employees want to work for?
- What is important to your employees?
- How high do your leaders rate with the employees, or have you ever checked?
- What mistakes do managers that think they are leaders make?
- What type of leader do your employees need to see?
- How do you empower your employees and embrace failures?
- What is the foundation of conflict?
- How do you improve communication?
The main take away will be how we build a culture that our employees want to work for, a place they feel wanted and valued. A true family where everyone from top down looks out for each other.
REGISTER for IWF 2020 and this session
Return to the Full Conference Schedule
Add this session to your My IWF Show Planner