Date: Thursday, August 23rd from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Session Code: MFG9
Presented by: Throughput Strategies, LLC
• Robert Fox, Managing Partner: Throughput Strategies, LLC,
• Rob Munns, Partner: Throughput Strategies, LLC
• Beau Lewis, Owner/Consultant: Allmoxy, LLC
THREE PART PRESENTATION OF WHICH IMPROVEMENT METHODOLGIES HAVE REALLY WORKED.
PART 1 – AN OVERVIEW OF THE SUCCESS (OR FAILURE) OF VARIOUS IMPROVEMENT METHODOOLGIES - INCLUDING LEAN, SIX SIGMA AND THE THEORY OF CONSTRAINTS. ROBERT FOX WILL SHARE HIS 50 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE OF CONSULTING WITH LARGE AND SMALL COMPANIES.
PART 2 – ROB MUNNS WILL EXPLAIN HOW TO “GO BEYOND” ELI GOLDRATT’S BEST SELLING BOOK THE GOAL AND CREATE A THROUGHPUT OPERATING STRATEGY THAT HAS ENABLED OWNER-MANGED COMPANIES TO ACHIEVE WITHIN ONE YEAR:
• AT LEAST A DOUBLING OF PROFITS
• A REDUCTION IN THE STRESS OF MANAGING AND GROWING THE BUSINESS
• REAL PARTICIPATION OF THE WORKFORCE IN ACHIEVING THE ABOVE GOALS
PART 3 – BEAU LEWIS, CEO OF LEWIS CABINETS WILL SHARE HIS EXPERIENCE AND LEARNINGS FROM HAVING IMPLEMENTED SUCH A PROCESS.
About the Speakers:
- At least double profits
- Enable management to spend more time working on the business and less time working in the business
- Motivate the workforce to make significant contributions to the first two goals
- Accomplish the above goals within a year
Mr. Fox and Dr. Eli Goldratt (author of the International best-selling book The Goal) partnered in 1993 to develop a different approach to managing organizations. Their approach was initially described in Goldratt’s best-selling book The Goal. These ideas helped hundreds of companies make significant bottom line improvements. Unfortunately, like many other improvement ideas their use tends to fade over time. In retirement, Mr. Fox revisited these ideas and developed an approach that has proven to be both more lasting and to produce much larger bottom line results as evidenced by the above goals.
This presentation will:
- Explain why so many improvement approaches fail to deliver significant bottom line results and eventually fade into history
- Outline how to go beyond The Goal and create a Throughput Operating Strategy that enables companies to achieve the above goals
- Describe the results achieved by one woodworking company
Rob has developed a reputation of getting results and being willing to challenge the false assumptions that companies make. Rob's ability to teach and relate to all members of an organization have made him highly sought after.
Beau Lewis is currently acting as Consulting / Implementation Manager of a successful family owned software company that is quickly gaining industry traction. As the son of a cabinet making manufacturer, Beau has spent his life learning the details of running and improving business. With a degree in accounting and being ingrained with innovation, he has developed and integrated technological solutions in his business. He is also the co-founder and board member of Allmoxy.com (a web based ERP platform), and Fight the New Drug Inc. (a non profit dedicated to educating on the harmful effects of pornography). Perspective Approach (providing tools for employee growth) Having an eye for efficiency and an ability to connect with and motivate people, culture development has become a driving passion for his life.