Date: Wednesday, August 22nd from 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Session Code: MFG20
Presented by: Stream Improvement Services, LLC
• Eric Ciampoli, Founder and President: ECIC Consulting Inc.
This is an introductory course designed specifically for manufacturers and will introduce participants to process improvement philosophies, strategies and tools.
• The underlying philosophy used as a foundation for the course uses three core tenants:
o Focus on the physical and information flow of product
o Elimination of waste in the value stream
o Respect for the people who do the work
• There are 2 rounds of a hands-on manufacturing process simulation
• The objective of the course is to introduce process improvement concepts and tools and have the participants demonstrate the tools the
• Participants will learn how to:
o Use a data-driven approach to analyze an existing manufacturing process
o Eliminate waste of resources (labor, material and capital) throughout the value stream
o Increase capacity of factory to support sales growth
o Reduce floor space requirements and open up space for future growth
o Reduce quality defects and scrap
• There will also be a case study from a kitchen cabinet manufacturer who has benefited from this philosophy and approach
About the Speakers:
His professional career includes a background in 3D Printing, Custom wood furniture manufacturing, Medical implant manufacturing, Superconductor wire drawing, Aluminum sand Casting, Thermoplastic valve and piping manufacturing, Industrial condensing Hot Water heaters and boilers, as well as cosmetics manufacturing.
Eric Has served as a lean change agent and trainer over the past eight years in industries such as wood working, Medical devices, LED Light fixture manufacturing, cosmetics, Sheet metal and fabrication products.
Mr. Eric Ciampoli holds an MBA in Operations Management from the University of Massachusetts Boston a Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering Technologies and a Associates of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, MA